By Marius S. Vassiliou, Visit Amazon's David S. Alberts Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, David S. Alberts, , Jonathan Russell Agre
Command and keep watch over (C2) is the set of organizational and technical attributes and procedures during which an company marshals and employs human, actual, and knowledge assets to unravel difficulties and attain missions.C2 Re-envisioned: the way forward for the firm identifies 4 interrelated megatrends which are separately and jointly shaping the state-of-the-art and perform of C2 in addition to the challenge demanding situations we are facing.
These megatrends the ebook examines are:
- Big Problems —manifested partly as expanding complexity of either endeavors and firms, as army institutions shape coalitions with one another, and partnerships with numerous civilian enterprises and non-governmental organizations
- Robustly Networked Environments—enabled through the tremendous wide availability of complex details and communications applied sciences (ICT) that position unparalleled powers of knowledge construction, processing, and distribution within the fingers of just about a person who wishes them—friend and foe alike
- Ubiquitous Data—the remarkable volumes of uncooked and processed details with which human actors and C2 platforms needs to contend
- Organizational alternatives—as decentralized, net-enabled techniques to C2 were made extra possible through know-how.
The e-book analyzes ancient examples and experimental facts to figure out the severe components that make C2 get it wrong and the way to get it correct. winning agencies sooner or later could be those who can reconfigure their methods in an agile demeanour. delivering clean views in this topic of serious significance, this publication presents the knowledge it is important to decide on your organizational techniques to fit the challenge and the stipulations at hand.
Read or Download C2 Re-envisioned: The Future of the Enterprise PDF
Best military technology books
"""F4F Wildcat stroll round
Regulate a cordless or mobile cell phone, voters band radio, instant intercom or toy walkie-talkie to detonate explosives with the information during this guide. building and deployment of RC detonation gear with out use of targeted instruments or subtle electronics talents is feasible. here is how it really is performed.
In 1998, the safeguard technological know-how Board activity strength on Human assets Strategywas tested for the aim of comparing the dept of Defense's(DoD's) ability to draw and hold either civilian and army team of workers. As a part of this review, RAND was once requested to check the expansion of politicalappointment positions in the DoD in addition to to ascertain the appointmentand affirmation strategy that capability political appointees face.
A hundred and ten photograph unwell.
- EW 101: A first course in electronic warfare
- OKB Tupolev: A History of the Design Bureau and its Aircraft
- Military Metallurgy
- Army Field Manual FM 20-3 (Camouflage, Concealment, and Decoys)
- Americas Military Adversaries
Additional info for C2 Re-envisioned: The Future of the Enterprise
Military tactical deployment environments for mobile communications technology are different enough from commercial environments that many AT&T (2012). Kenyon (2012). ‡ USMC (2011). § AT&T (2012). ¶ Iannotta (2012). * † 40 C 2 Re- en v isi o ned challenges critical to the military are unlikely to be solved by research and development in the commercial sector. Military establishments can still gain advantage by conducting and sponsoring their own focused research in communications and networking.
To the extent that entities depend upon ICT to execute an option, any degradation or disruption to ICT-related services will increase risk. This risk needs to be balanced against the risks associated with being forced to choose among options that do not leverage ICT or to adopt Enterprise Approaches that are not enabled by ICT. In other words, as ICT advances it offers us opportunities that reduce operational risk while potentially increasing exposure to technical risk. 6 Big Problem Stresses on Traditional Enterprises Big Problems, by virtue of their size, dynamics, and the uncertainty and risks associated with them, are making it increasingly difficult for traditional organizations to maintain their effectiveness and efficiency—the reasons that they have become successful in their competitive spaces.
In Chapter 8, we provide evidence that more “net-enabled” and decentralized organizations, with broader allocation of decision rights, broader interaction patterns, and broader distribution of information, can be more effective for many problems and circumstances. Chapter 8 will also provide evidence and arguments that agility, the ability to choose the appropriate approach depending on the mission and the circumstance, is crucial to enterprise performance. First, however, we consider the other two megatrends.